Our virtual Grantee Forums ask current and past grantees to share their expertise on specific topics. We archive these gatherings as resources on issues DC communities face, their efforts, and solutions that may inspire those beyond our city.
DC FUND PUBLICATIONS
We conducted our first endeavor in capturing and assessing our work. This report summarizes our findings and considerations of how to continue to strengthen our structure and model.
The Diverse City Fund is part of a larger movement dedicated to redistributing wealth and resources through community-led and participatory grantmaking and increasing knowledge about grassroots work.
To learn more about other community-led grantmaking models for social justice from which we draw inspiration, check out these groups:
- Bread and Roses Community Fund (Pennsylvania)
- Chinook Fund (Colorado)
- Contigo Fund (Florida)
- Crossroads Fund (Illinois)
- Gulf South Rising (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida)
- Haymarket People’s Fund (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont)
- Hawai’i People’s Fund (Hawai’i)
- Liberty Hill Foundation (Los Angeles, California)
- Headwaters Foundation for Justice (Minnesota)
- Maine Initiatives (Maine)
- MRG Foundation (Oregon)
- North Star Fund (New York)
- Social Justice Fund Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming)
- Third Wave Fund (New York)
- Trans Justice Funding Pro
- Community Connections (Detroit, Michigan)
- Transforming Power Fund (Detroit)