The Diverse City Fund holds two general grant rounds in the spring and fall. Additionally, special grant rounds may be added in response to particular community needs.
General Grant Program
New Programs for 2024
Spring 2024 Application Launch:
Friday, February 16, 2024
Due: Friday, March 29, 2024 at 11:59 PM.
Take the eligibility quiz here! It will direct you to the application that best fits your organization.
We strongly encourage you to attend one of our four upcoming info sessions.
Find more Information, Tips and Tools on our How to Apply page.
Our new 2024 grants mark the beginning of a new DC Fund chapter. Read more about our new programs and eligibility here!
DC Fund’s new grant programs have two significant updates:
- After almost 13 years of offering $5,000 grants as a maximum, we are increasing our grants to up to $10,000 for Launching projects and $25,000 for Growing projects.
- Rather than having a single funding pool where both new and established changemakers compete for the same resources, we are dividing the grants into three distinct groups. Each group has different eligibility guidelines and varying minimum/maximum grant sizes to facilitate equity in our grantmaking process.
We welcome any groups that meet our eligibility requirements to apply (click here to learn more about eligibility).
In addition to funding, the DC Fund offers capacity building and networking opportunities to grantees and their leadership. Learn more about our offerings here.
Past Special Grant Themes
- Covid-19 Rapid Response 2020
- Defund MPD Campaign 2020
- Covid-19 Relief for Returning Citizens and their Families 2020
- Special/Rapid Response Round 2022